Serial number KS15093628 is in excellent condition. This has been a showroom display/ demo that has hardly had a lot of play on it, but there is a scuff of the back top that is approx. 1-1/2" long (see photo). Plastic still covers the pick guard. There are ever-so-slight spider web rubs on the finish of the gloss finish. This practically looks new, but under fine inspection only this detail we list can be seen. Original shipping box is missing and hang tags.
This hollow body guitar weighs 7 pounds, 5 ounces. We will honor the Gretsch warranty with this purchase! Before shipment we will bring this guitar to our in-house technician for final set-up/ adjustments. No case included, but will package very well with insurance and tracking number to your front door.
When the Gretsch R&D team recently unearthed a Baldwin-era FilterﾒTron pickup with knockout punch and phenomenal twang, they incorporated its DNA into dynamic new ﾓBlack Topﾔ FilterﾒTron pickups, which now endow Electromatic hollow-body instruments such as the G5420T with an electrifying new voice and identity.
The G5420T Electromatic Hollow Body is a sharp new Gretsch guitar with a bound single-cutaway hollow body featuring sound-post bracing and elegant bound f holes. Other features include a maple neck, bound rosewood fingerboard with 22 medium jumbo frets and hump-block pearloid inlays, silver plexi pickguard, three-position pickup switch, classic ﾓGﾔ arrow control knobs, rosewood-based Adjusto-Matic bridge and Bigsby-licensed B60 vibrato tailpiece, vintage-style open-back tuners and chrome-plated hardware.
- Model Name: G5420T Electromatic Hollow Body
- Series: Electromatic Collection
- Color / MSRP* / Part # : Sunburst / $1,250.00 / 250-4811-537
- Body Material: 5-Ply Maple
- Body Shape: Single Cutaway
- Body Finish: Gloss Urethane, Gloss Urethane, Gloss Urethane, Gloss Urethane
- Bracing: Sound Post
- Body Depth: 2.75" (69.85 mm)
- Number of Frets: 22
- Fret Size: Medium Jumbo
- Fretboard: Rosewood
- Neck Material: Maple
- Nut Width: 1.6875" (43 mm)
- Scale Length: 24.5" (62.2 cm)
- Bridge Pickup: "Black Top" Filter'Tron Bridge Pickup
- Neck Pickup: "Black Top" Filter'Tron Neck Pickup
- Pickup Switching: 3-Position Toggle: Position 1. Bridge Pickup, Position 2. Bridge and Neck Pickups, Position 3. Neck PickupControls: Volume 1. (Neck Pickup), Volume 2. (Bridge Pickup), Master Volume, Master Tone
- Hardware Finish: Chrome-Plated
- Bridge: Rosewood-Based Adjusto-Matic Bridge
- Tuning Machines: Vintage Style Open-Back
- Unique Features: Hump-Block Fingerboard Inlays, Bound Body Top and Back, Bound Sound Holes and Fingerboard, Silver Plexi Pickguard, Knurled Strap Retainer Knobs, Adjustable Truss Rod, Bigsby-Licensed B60 Vibrato