Made famous by The Beatles’ George Harrison, the 1962 Country Gentleman is the sound of rock ‘n’ roll. The G6122T-62 Vintage Select Edition '62 Chet Atkins® Country Gentleman® Hollow Body with Bigsby® has the unmistakable sound and style that marked the beginning of a musical invasion. Sonically, this guitar is ready to tear it up with flexible tone that fits any musical situation.
A pair of TV Jones® Classic pickups responds to every pick stroke or strum with refined, articulate tone. Traditional Gretsch controls—including per-pickup volume controls, master volume, a three-way tone switch—allow you to create countless tonal variations for a personalized tone. The new Gretsch “Squeezebox” paper-in-oil capacitors deliver silky vintage high end. The standard “U”-shaped maple neck bears a 12”-radius ebony fingerboard with 22 frets and zero-fret for a memorable playing experience that works with any style. The sealed body with simulated F Holes minimizes feedback while providing for authentically vintage tone. A pinned “rocking” bar bridge reacts in concert with the Bigsby B6GVT vibrato tailpiece for stable tuning while the bone nut lets the strings slide freely without binding in the slots.
A true rock ‘n’ roll classic, this guitar features the appointments that made this guitar a legend—dual foam string mutes with red felt surrounds, standby switch, laminated 3-ply maple top with simulated F Holes, gold “G Arrow” control knobs, aged white binding with black purfling, gloss urethane finish, aged pearloid thumbnail inlays, gold vintage thick plexi pickguard with Gretsch logo and gold Grover® Imperial™ tuning machines. A distinguished instrument from the earliest days of the British Invasion, the G6122T-62 Vintage Select Edition '62 Chet Atkins® Country Gentleman® Hollow Body with Bigsby® is the guitar that laid down the foundation of rock as we know it.
Model Name: G6122T-62 Vintage Select Edition '62 Chet Atkins® Country Gentleman® Hollow Body with Bigsby®, TV Jones®, Walnut Stain
Model Number: 2401235892
Series: Professional Collection
Color: Walnut Stain
- Body Shape: Country Gentleman
- Bracing: Parallel Tone Bars
- Body Binding: Aged White with B/I/B Purfling
- Body Material: Laminated Maple
- Body Finish: Gloss Urethane
- Body Back: Laminated Maple
- Body Top: Laminated 3-Ply Maple with Simulated F-Holes
- Neck Material: Maple
- Neck Shape: Standard "U"
- Neck Binding: Aged White
- Scale Length: 24.6" (625 mm)
- Fingerboard Radius: 12" (305 mm)
- Number of Frets: 22
- Fret Size: Vintage-Style
- String Nut: Bone
- Nut Width: 1.6875" (43mm)
- Neck Plate: NA
- Neck Finish: Gloss Urethane
- Fingerboard: Ebony
- Position Inlays: Aged Pearloid Thumbnails
- Bridge Pickup: TV Jones® Classic
- Neck Pickup: TV Jones® Classic
- Controls: Volume 1. Neck Pickup, Volume 2. Bridge Pickup, Master Volume
Pickup Switching: 3-Position Toggle: Position 1. Bridge Pickup, Position 2. Bridge And Neck Pickups, Position 3. Neck Pickup, 3-Position Tone Switch
- Pickup Configuration: Filter'Tron™ / Filter'Tron™
- Bridge: Rocking Bar
- Tuning Machines: Gover® Imperial Gold
- Orientation: Right-Hand
- Pickguard: Gold Plexi with Black Gretsch Logo
- Control Knobs: "G" Arrow
- Strings: Nickel Plated Steel .011-.049
Can you believe it? No one has said anything about this product. Please feel free to leave a review about a product you have tried.