The new Epiphone Sheraton-II PRO honors Epiphone's most influential "thin-line" semi-hollowbody electric archtop now with a Wine Red finish plus critically acclaimed ProBucker™ pickups with coil-splitting and a Graphtech® NuBone XL™ nut.
An Epiphone Icon: Hailed by blues legend John Lee Hooker as "an out-did 335," the Sheraton has been renown for decades for its combination of superior tone and beautiful pearloid and abalone inlay. Originally released in 1959, the inspiration for the "thin-line" or ES series has its roots in Les Paul's first solidbody guitar, "The Log," that Les built in Epiphone's factory in Manhattan in 1940.
"The Log" was made from Epiphone parts with a 4" x 4" piece of pinewood down the middle. The ES-series is also semi-hollow with a solid center, which makes it more resistant to feedback than a typical archtop guitar.
Inside the Epiphone Sheraton-II PRO: "The Outdid 335"
John Lee Hooker described the original Sheraton as an "outdid-335" for its striking fingerboard inlay, classic shape, and elegant ivory and black binding on the top, back, neck, headstock and f-holes. The new Sheraton-II PRO has the same profile and is made from Laminated Maple and topped with a bound "Tortoise" style pickguard with a signature metal "E" (for Epiphone!) and the same classic binding. The Sheraton-II PRO is available in Ebony, Natural, Vintage Sunburst, and a stunning new Wine Red finish.
Epiphone Sheraton™-II PROThe Sheraton-II PRO has a hand-set 5-piece laminated hard Maple/Walnut 24.75" scale neck with a beautiful Rosewood fingerboard with block and triangle pearloid and abalone inlays, 22 medium jumbo frets, and a large vintage style "tree of life" motif "Clipped Ear" headstock. The Epiphone Sheraton-II PRO also now comes with the new Graphtech® NuBone XL™ nut that is as hard as bone but will last a lifetime without chipping or cracking. Graphtech molds and engineers each NuBone XL™ nut for consistent tone and string balance as well as precise string spacing.
ProBucker Humbuckers: The Epiphone Sheraton™ II-PRO now features new critically acclaimed ProBucker™ humbuckers. The first humbuckers were made at the Epiphone/Gibson factory in Kalamazoo, Michigan in the late 50s and have acquired a mythical status among guitar players. Epiphone ProBucker pickups have that elusive tone because they are made with the same alloy as the originals--18% Nickel Silver unit bases and covers--along with Sand cast Alnico II magnets and high quality 4-conductor lead wire. Each ProBucker pickup is also vacuum wax potted to eliminate microphonics.
The Epiphone Sheraton-II PRO has a ProBucker-2™ in the neck position and a slightly hotter ProBucker-3™ in the lead position. Both pickups also have coil-splitting via their individual volume controls. coil-splitting allows a player to turn a humbucker pickup into a single coil pickup for endless tone combinations.
Each ProBucker pickup's volume and tone control use 1" 500K Ohm potentiometers along with a 3-way pickup selector with an ivory-colored toggle cap.
Epiphone Gold Hardware: The Epiphone Sheraton™ II-PRO has rock solid nickel hardware in elegant gold with an unbeatable LockTone™ Tune-o-matic bridge and StopBar tailpiece combo. Tuning is easy and reliable with gold Grover® Rotomatic machine heads with a pro-level 18:1 tuning ratio. The Sheraton-II PRO is strung at the factory with D’Addario® 10-46 gauge strings.
- Body Material: Laminated Maple
- Top Material: Laminated Maple
- Neck Material: 5-pc Hard Maple / Walnut Laminated
- Neck Shape: 1960s SlimTaper™, C-Profile
- Neck Joint: Glued-In, Set-Neck
- Scale Length: 24.75"
- Fingerboard Material: Rosewood with "Block & Triangle" Inlays, Mother of Pearl and Abalone
- Fingerboard Radius: 12"
- Frets: 22, Medium-Jumbo
- Binding: Top: 5-Ply (Ivory/Black), Back: 1-Ply (Ivory/Black), Neck: 5-Ply (Ivory/Black), Headstock: 5-Ply (Ivory/Black), "F" Holes: 1-Ply (Ivory/Black)
- Headstock: Vintage "Large Clipped Ear" with Mother of Pearl "Vine" Inlay
- Nut: Graphtech® NuBone XL™
- Nut Width: 1-11/16"
- Hardware: Gold
- Machine Heads: Grover™ Rotomatic™, 18:1 Ratio
- Neck Pickup: ProBucker-2™
- Bridge Pickup: ProBucker-3™
- Controls: Bridge Volume with coil-splitting, Neck Volume with coil-splitting, Bridge Tone, Neck Tone, 3-Way Pickup Selector (toggle), Ivory Toggle Cap
- Bridge: Epiphone LockTone™ Tune-o-matic
- Tailpiece: Epiphone LockTone™ Stop Bar
- Pickguard: Bound "Tortoise" Pickguard with Metal "E"
- Truss Rod Cover: 2-Ply (Black/White), Vintage "E" in White
- Knobs: Top Hats with Metal Inserts (Volume/Tone)
- Strings: D'Addario® 10-46 Guage
- Typical Weight: 8.7 lbs
- Options: Not included, Hard Case
Can you believe it? No one has said anything about this product. Please feel free to leave a review about a product you have tried.